APPLICATION FORM COMPOSITION FELLOWSHIP 2020
The fellowship for composition runs for 2,5 months à 750,- EUR. It starts on August 10 2020 and ends on October 24 2020.
From every fellow we expect at least one solo presentation (concert) during his/her residency at the Künstlerhaus. Furthermore we expect an artist talk, a joint first presentation and a joint finissage.
The result of the residence should be a composition, which shows the reflection on a specific project or topic, or a final processing of an already existing work. The programme will be performed in Lauenburg for the first time (premiere) with the Künstlerhaus as concert promoter. The premiere should be around 20 min., included in a concert programme of about 60 min.
The Künstlerhaus Lauenburg is in close contact with the University of Music Lübeck. As far as possible, a cooperation between the fellows and the music students could be arranged. Furthermore, the university offers to use their electronic studio.
Professional German and international composers, arrangers and ensembles may apply for the Artist in residence fellowship at the Künstlerhaus Lauenburg.
Artists who are still studying at the time the residency starts; or artists who simultaneously receive another fellowship; or have already received a fellowship from the Federal State of Schleswig-Holstein in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
The Jury for Composition is composed of:
- a professor for composition of the Musikhochschule (University of Music) Lübeck
- a representative of the Forum für Neue Musik Schleswig-Holstein
- a former fellow of composition
- a further expert representative
The jury meets by the end of January 2020. The fellowship candidates will then be informed as soon as possible and published on the website of the Künstlerhaus Lauenburg.
A completed application includes:
- The completed application form
- A Zip folder including the following content (max. 20 MB):
- A portfolio in PDF format with a max. of 10 pages OR a max. of 10 min. video or music files in common formats. If a portfolio includes both, please reduce the extent accordingly (for example 5 pages portfolio and 5 min. video clip)
- Detailed description of the artistic project during the fellowship (max. 1 A4 page)
- CV with information about artistic career, performances/fellowships/prizes in PDF format (max. 2 A4 pages)
- Transfer of the application charge in the amount of 10,00 EUR.
Applications which are incomplete or do not comply with the given specifications cannot be taken into consideration. Applications without the payment of the application charge are also excluded.
Bank details Künstlerhaus Lauenburg:
Künstlerhaus Lauenburg/ Elbe e.V.
IBAN: DE12 2306 3129 0000 2818 67